Event Permit Status
Event Permits provide competitors with assurance that the appropriate planning and organization has been completed by the host Club and that the Entry Form and Indemnity meet the required standard.
- The racing format and competition rules have been approved as sound.
- Safety requirements will be met, including the appropriate number of Race Officials have committed to attend.
- A Stewards Panel is in place to handle any judicial matters that may arise.
- Race Control, Judges of Fact, Time Keeping and Starting are all in good hands.
- The appropriate number of Machine Examiners and Technical Officers have committed to attend.
The requirements for Permits are laid out in Section R of the Manual. Of particular note are the deadlines for the receipt of correctly completed Permit Applications.
- Not less than 120 days prior to the first day of the event for KartSport New Zealand Championship Events.
- Not less than 90 days prior to the first date of the first round for Series Permits.
- Not less than 60 days prior to the first day of the event for all other Permitted Events.
- Events on Temporary Circuits have special requirements regarding the approval of the proposed circuit venue.
For annual/repeat events Clubs should check their Permit records which will clearly indicate what level of staffing has been required previously. Regardless Clubs should always check requirements with the National Steward and National Technical Officer who will advise and assist with suggestions. The correct number and grade of officials needs to be agreed with the National Steward and National Technical Officer prior to the permit application being submitted.
Late and/or incomplete Permit Applications from Clubs create more work and frustration for everyone involved including the host Club. Clubs are urged to comply with Section R and to send fully complete Applications and the correct payment before the due date.
Failure to do so will jeopardise your event and it may be cancelled.
To download a Permit application Form in Word format that can be used to submit your Permit Applications electronically, Click here.
For a helpful flow chart showing how to prepare and submit a Permit application Click here.
If everyone does their job on time competitors will benefit through the timely availability of the Entry Form. Clubs will receive more on-time entries and the Permit Department will be able to process Permit Applications without delay. It should be a win:win:win.
In order to make the Permit Application process more transparent, KartSport New Zealand will regularly publish an Event Permit Status Report.
CLICK HERE for the latest issue updated 10-5-17