ProKart Round Two at KartSport Rotorua Postponed

To the KartSport New Zealand Community

The KartSport New Zealand Executive and management in conjunction with the ProKart promotion team and KartSport Rotorua sincerely regret to advise that, in response to growing concerns from competitors, stakeholders and volunteers, coupled with increasing health mandates that arrive by the minute from government, health department, schools and business, ProKart Round Two is postponed. A new date will be advised at a later stage dependent on an improvement in the COVID-19 virus management directives.

Over the past week, we have had fantastic support from ProKart and KartSport Rotorua to devise a new set of event management protocols to enhance safety in relation to gatherings as it relates to COVID-19.

Unfortunately, our human resource (volunteers) ability to manage this implementation regardless of the effort invested in defining an enhanced process and policy has diminished, while at the same time risks have escalated.

Depending on further anticipated government announcements, including a mandated further reduction of maximum event attendee numbers, a decision will be made in the coming days as to the viability of continuing with upcoming regional (Group E) events.  New guidelines for Club Day events will follow, subject to Ministry of Health instructions.

Further updates will be posted on our Health & Safety page:

On behalf of the Executive and Management of KartSport New Zealand.


Yours sincerely


Graeme Moore
National President
KartSport New Zealand

Article added: Wednesday 18 March 2020


Latest News